Friday, June 18, 2010

One entry so far

It's time to step it up, folks. Either that or it's time for me to push back the deadline. What say you, little brother and anyone else that cares to chime in?

To re-cap, the challenge this time is to write a song about your home state or the state in which you currently live. As always, keep the recording cheap and simple (one track if possible) as it is not a contest to see who can best use pro-tools, but just to see who can write the best song (whether that be most epic, most transcendent, cutest, funniest, most bad ass, cleverest, or some random criterion of the people's choosing).

UPDATE: Now two entries. It's really happening so get with it, I say to myself and others.

4 comments:

  1. My song is coming tonight. And it's gonna make you laugh and make you cry. How come Chris never writes songs? He needs to step up his game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wrote my song a few minutes ago and will record it tonight too. Inspiration struck and is going to bite off the faces of the competition.

    Chris unfortunately has zero shame and only about one modicum of sense of adventure, so he is hard to bully or persuade. I'll see if I can convince him it's a good FHE activity tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have very little sense of adventure, but I have just enough shame (or pride) to want to stick it to all of you who implied I couldn't do it. This doesn't mean I'll always fall for such reverse psychology every time someone accuses me of being a washed-up has-been (although that carries the buried compliment that I once "was")--but I choose to take the bait this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we now know how to motivate chris. We just have to keep telling him to step up his game from all different directions.

    ReplyDelete