Wednesday, July 7, 2010

We have a winner(s)

Soooo, good job, everyone. My recent scolding notwithstanding, we had a great turnout and some fantastic material this time. I hope everyone will keep participating and not be sad even if they didn't win anything. Most likely I just didn't come up with the right category for your song. For example, had there been a category for "Most Epic" I am pretty sure that would have gone to "Bob Eucker," a song which was in a category all to itself and which was truly wonderful. Feel free to come up with the category you think you would have won and assign it to yourself. I am claiming "Most Angsty" for me. Fight me for it if you like.

As you can see, by the polls to your right, the overall winner is the song "Las Vegas." Nicely done, winner-person. I'll go ahead and pretend you have your anonymity on here. If everyone else will take a moment to bow down to the winner through the computer screen, I think we can call it good. O Victorious One, let me know when you come up with the next challenge and we'll get the ball rollin' again. And if I don't do anything about it because I have lapsed into a motherly coma, feel free to bug someone else that knows me well.

Oh, to be completist, here are the other winners:

Most Educational - Harry Orchard Shot the Guv
Most Heartwarming - Sweet Home Arizona
Cheekiest - Welcome to Utah
Weirdest - Ballad of Wm Weld (I also vote for this one as most likely to be stuck in your head--nice work)
Most Danceable - Meh, I'm just going to throw this one out due to too many hanging chads and stuff

1 comment:

  1. I must say that this was the best song competition yet. Every entry was excellent and I had a lot of fun listening and re-listening to all of them. Bravo everyone. I think the theme helped us all find plenty of inspiration for good songs. Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete