Saturday, April 16, 2011

We have a winner!

Congrats to the writer of "Visitor" as you are deemed the one who rocked the hardest for this contest. I know that my toddler voted for this song, as she found it the most sing-a-long-able of them all (she really did try and imitate the infectious "ha-ha"). It is also hard to ignore the raw power of such lyrics as "I don't know if we're genetically compatible but I know my emotions."

A secondary congrats is due to "When an Alien Offers to Take You Home With Her." This song was clearly written by an alien as manifest in the very pro-invasion stance it takes as well as the sheer other-worldly prettiness.

For the non-winners, you should know that you are all truly winners. And I don't mean that just in an "every time you try you win" sort of way--thought that is true. I mean that we had some seriously creative entries this time. I know I personally was torn between three possible choices. And I have to give a shout-out to "Pale Winnebago" which turned post-apocalypse into a fantastic alt-country-ish anthem of laziness. Gems like that are why this contest is worth having. And I'm just too tired of writing this to do any more shout-outs but I haven't even mentioned the song my own husband voted for and touted as pure brilliance--he has a point. Okay I'm done. Go forth and sing. Or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment